“It’s Time to Vote Tuesday” 167! (subject: Holiday Movies)

December 17, 2013

Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!! What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:

The last TVT poll was several weeks ago but it’s time for another. The season of mistletoe, music and mad shoppers is upon us. One of my favorite things about the holiday season is the movies that help spread the message of cheer, joy, peace and love around Christmas time. A time the world sets apart to recognize and celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ the Lord.charlie_brown_christmas_desktop_wallpaper-1400x1050

—————–

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ entitled “Holiday Have-to-Watch” takes a look at some holiday movie favorites and asks you a question that may pose a challenge: “Which ones are traditions for you to see each season?”christmas-movie-3

Obviously, this poll would be too long if I listed every single “favorite” movie. There are to be expected some exclusions. However, if your favorite is not listed, be sure to share which one you HAVE to watch in the comment section. (For example, for me, Christmas with the Kranks and Jingle All the Way are a part of MY list, while Polar Express and Miracle on 34th St definitely are not!)-Elf-christmas-movies-32876171-500-617

There are tons of “Top Ten” lists on the web. Let’s make our own this week!ChristmasMoviesBanner

Today I ask you:

I hope and trust that the holiday season finds your household warm and blessed.

—————–

Thanks for joining me today! I can’t wait to see the results! Be sure to vote before the poll closes next week. And don’t forget to leave a comment sharing your additional must-watch holiday movies!

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. Ted S. permalink
    December 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Die Hard, Home Alone and A Christmas Story for me. I also watch The Godfather once every other Christmas.

• December 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Ooh, the Godfather…nice choice! I like your picks, Ted. I hope you have a great Christmas! Thanks for voting

2. December 17, 2013 7:40 pm

ELF, LOVE ACTUALLY, MUPPET’S CHRISTMAS CAROL. There’s a couple of less-popular classic movies that round out my mandatory viewing as well: CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT and IT HAPPENED ON 5TH AVENUE. But as I discovered last year, you can’t list ’em all. 😉 Wishing you a very merry and blessed Christmas, T!

• December 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Great choices, Paula! And I haven’t seen the other ones you mentioned. I will have to try to see one of em. I hope your Christmas is also very wonderful and blessed. Thank you!

3. December 17, 2013 8:43 pm

I don’t have must watch movies. I usually watch the Charlie Brown if I catch it, but I just find the idea of watching the same set of movies every year (which is pretty often if you think about it), for no other reason then because they are about Christmas, weird.

• December 17, 2013 9:02 pm

I can appreciate that. It seems that holiday movies only do get watched once a year tho as the holiday itself only comes once a year. As creatures of habit, I guess some traditions just carry on for humans. 🙂 thanks for chiming in on today’s poll.

• December 18, 2013 5:53 am

I meant that once a year is too often. I probably dont even watch my favourite movies that often.

4. December 18, 2013 5:20 am

Miracle in 34th Street is NOT part of your watch list??? Pardon me as I go lay in the freeway! 😉

Our list is rather extensive but its every year: It’s a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th, A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, Elf, The Santa Clause, Polar Express, Home Alone, Scrooge, Jingle all the Way, and we usually sneak in a few others.

Now back to this snubbing of Miracle on 34th Street…

• December 19, 2013 5:00 pm

🙂 haha, Keith! thanks for making me laugh. Yeah, I just never got the appeal for 34th street. LOL. But you do have quite a great list…except for me Polar Express is just HORRID. ha.

thanks for voting and I hope you have a very blessed Christmas

5. December 18, 2013 7:14 am

Home Alone and Die Hard for me. I couldn’t pick a third. But if you had Gremlins there, it would have been that 😀

• December 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Gremlins!! A fun choice. LOL. I’m curious about you not being able to pick a 3rd from some of the movies listed though! 🙂

6. December 18, 2013 8:08 am

I just put up my list the other day but Charlie Brown, Love Actually and Grinch (animated) are my must watch from your list.

• December 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Nice. Thanks for voting Kim! 🙂 I like the animated Grinch myself a lot more too!