Top 13 Trailers of ’13

December 30, 2013

The end of the year is here. Tons of lists are bombarding the internet about the bests of this, the worsts of that, the “shoulda” “woulda” “coulda”s and more. Well, when looking for the Best and Worsts of anything movie related, look no further as I’ve got you covered.

Today’s list is one of my favorites: The Top 13 Trailers of ’13

(Other lists soon to come: The Top Ten Posters of 2013, The Top Ten Disappointments of 2013 and my annual 100 movie review: “The Best and Worst Movies of 2013” in which I split them up into 4 categories of 25. Along with the annual RED WEB AWARDS coming soon. Stay Tuned!)

Almost every week on Thursday this year you have been able to come here and enjoy the newest trailers that released in a segment I love entitled “Trailer Time Thursday!”

Introduced each week with the following:

Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!

As a self-proclaimed authority on best and worst trailers 😀 and, after going through every edition of Triple-T from 2013, I present to you -in NO particular order- my Top 13 Trailers of 2013 below! Enjoy, agree, disagree and tell me yours! 🙂

…and you can vote for your Top 2 in the poll at the end!

1. Gravity

2. Pacific Rim

3. Her

4. Foxcatcher

5. I Declare War

6. Prisoners

7. Man of Steel

8. Godzilla

9. The LEGO Movie

10. Thor: The Dark World

11. About Time

12. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

13. X-Men: Days of Future Past

Well, what are your thoughts? Agree? Disagree? What were YOUR favorite trailers of 2013? Don’t have time to go through all 52 weeks worth of trailers like I did? Well, check out this mashup video below with snippets from so many of the trailers that released this year to help jog your memory!

So many movies to look forward to. Be on the lookout for the next in a series of best/worst lists from me here at thefocusedfilmographer.com

1. Ted S. permalink
    December 30, 2013 2:27 pm

I loved the new X-Men trailer, hopefully the actual film will deliver. I also loved Man of Steel’s trailer, not the 3 minute one though, the one released back in Christmas 2012. The longer version was just well too long and the actual film was a let down for me.

I can’t say I’m that impressed with new Godzilla’s trailer, after being burned by the awful 1998’s film, I can’t get excited for this new one. And I predict it’ll be one of the biggest bombs of summer 2014.

• December 30, 2013 2:31 pm

🙂 Thanks Ted. I, of course, couldn’t add the Man of Steel trailers from dec2012, but I wanted to. ha.

I actually think the Godzilla trailer is one of the best of the best of the year. A teaser in all senses of the word. I love it. I have no expectations for the film though but I think Robocop will be worse than Godzilla. ha. I do, however, share the same hope as you for XMen!

Thanks for watching!

2. Trevor permalink
    December 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Pacific Rim for best film of 2013.

You can keep your deep storytelling and character development. I just want robots fighting monsters.

• December 30, 2013 2:32 pm

You see how it is still the #1 movie in my Top films sideliner list! haha. I love Pacific Rim myself!

3. December 30, 2013 2:41 pm

I went with Man of Steel and Gravity. Gravity was a pretty awesome trailer. Oddly enough, its also kind of misleading, as many people thought that the entire movie would be Sandra Bullock alone in her space suit the entire movie.

Man of Steel… man, if only that trailer was the actual movie. They blew it.

• December 30, 2013 2:43 pm

nice choices, Ian! Thanks for chiming in. I love the Gravity one and was okay with getting more than I bargained for with the movie! ha

Man of Steel…yep, agreed.

4. December 30, 2013 10:09 pm

I still rank Man Of Steel as one of the best trailers in the last decade. Some nice choices here, T, my man!

5. December 31, 2013 5:28 am

Man of steel takes it. I think the trailer being so excellent made the film disappointing for some people 😦

6. December 31, 2013 6:56 am

Good stuff T! The Gravity trailer was brilliant! It had me so worked up to see that film!