My TOP 20 Anticipated Films of 2014!

January 3, 2014

2014With 2014 here already (WOW!), movie studios are working to promote their films and entice you with promising tales of fantasy, action, romance, comedy and more. The year looks to serve only as a springboard to what promises to be an explosive cinematic year: 2015!

However, just under 365 days remain until 2015 begins, and during those days we will have plenty to entertain us. Hundreds of movies will be vying for our attention and money…only…which ones to we donate our time and attention to?

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Below is my list of the top 20 movies that I am looking forward to. By this time next year, I may look back at some of these and shake my head in disgust and disappointment (you may look at me like that now haha), but as of now, these are what I am interested in checking out! Be sure to tell me yours in the comment section below!

My top 20 for 2014 (in order of release date)

The LEGO Movie (Feb 7)lego_movie_ver9

The Monuments Men (Feb 7)monuments_men_ver2
Winter’s Tale (Feb 14)winters_tale_ver4

Grand Budapest Hotelgrand_budapest_hotel_ver2

Divergent (March 21)
divergent_ver8

Noah (March 28)noah

The Raid 2: Berandal (March 28)the-raid-2-berandal-teaser-poster

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4)captain_america_the_winter_soldier_ver2

Transcendence (April 18)Transcendence-movie-poster

Earth to Echo (April 25)earth_to_echo

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (May 2)big-spidey
Godzilla (May 16)godzilla_ver3
X-Men: Days of Future Past (May 23)xmen_days_of_future_past
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (June 13)how_to_train_your_dragon_two

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (July 11)dawn_of_the_planet_of_the_apes

Jupiter Ascending (July 18)jup

Guardians of the Galaxy (August 1)guardians-of-the-galaxy-mov
Interstellar (November 7)interstellar

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay -part 1 (November 21)Hunger-games-mockingjay-movie-poster

The Hobbit: There and Back Again (December 17)hobbitthereandback

So many movies to look forward to. Some more than others. This year looks to be shaping up pretty well, all things considered. Which movies of 2014 are YOU anticipating most?

T, TheFocusedFilmographer

Don’t forget to check out my other lists so far:

1. Victor De Leon permalink
    January 3, 2014 1:57 pm

Great list! I was just totally geeking out over so many of these cool picks coming in 2014. Can’t wait for Cap 2 and The Raid 2. Hell, these ALL look epic. Thanks!

• January 3, 2014 1:58 pm

Will be a fun year! Thanks Victor!

2. Ted S. permalink
    January 3, 2014 2:50 pm

Number 1 on my most anticipated is Interstellar, of course being a Nolan fan boy, anything he does I’m looking forward to see.

The rest of the films this year though, I can’t say I’m that excited to see but here are the ones I’ll definitely won’t mind spending my money on: X-Men: Days of Future Past; Capt. America 2; Jack Ryan; The final Hobbit film, the 5 Battle of the 5 Armies should be epic; Dawn of the Apes or whatever they called it, very impressed with the first film and I like Matt Reeves’ previous work and Noah, I’m not a religious person but anything directed by Aronofsky, I’ll see it.

• January 4, 2014 12:58 am

Interstellar def is one of my upcoming faves. I am interested and glad to see Nolan doing something unique still.

I am very interested in seeing how Noah is done in comparison with the Biblical account and how Aronofsky decides to portray it. We will see.

3. January 3, 2014 2:51 pm

I can’t wait for Amazing Spiderman 2 and How to Train a Dragon 2! OH and Captain America: Winter Soldier 🙂 And a whole bunch of them in your list has me intrigued.

• January 4, 2014 12:59 am

🙂 Hi Kim! Thanks for checking out my list. I can’t wait for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 myself.

4. January 3, 2014 3:31 pm

Mine are 300 RISE OF AN EMPIRE, POMPEII, HOBBIT, THE 100 FOOT JOURNEY, HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 🙂

• January 4, 2014 1:00 am

Hi Dezzy! Thanks for chiming in today. You have some great picks as well. I somehow had a feeling Pompeii would be on your list. 🙂

5. January 3, 2014 4:00 pm

Just looking at the next couple of months, I’m excited for Jack Ryan and The Lego Movie! Glad Captain America: The Winter Soldier is out in April, wish it came sooner, the trailer looked so good!

• January 4, 2014 1:00 am

ooh. I wish Jack Ryan had me more interested in it than I currently am. ha. Yes! Glad you are ready for Cap’s return as am I! 🙂

6. January 3, 2014 4:07 pm

Great list. So many on here are on my list too. Glad I’m not the only one that wants to watch the LEGO movie too. No Robocop though?

• January 4, 2014 1:02 am

yep, you are def not alone when it comes to the LEGO movie. ha.

I am just not thrilled or excited about RoboCop like I want to. I think it will be an example of another reboot/remake that attempts to draw in a crowd through tremendous star power but does little to appease the fans of the prior and fails in accruing new fans.

Guaranteed, there won’t be any kiddos dressing up as RoboCop for Halloween. haha

7. January 3, 2014 5:19 pm

Nice list, T. Should be a great year!

• January 4, 2014 1:03 am

I hope so! Thanks. how about for you? Which are you most interested in seeing?

8. January 4, 2014 8:14 pm

Whole lot of good-looking films coming out next year. I’m looking forward to Interstellar, Captain America 2, and I’m keeping intrigued eyes on Transcendance, Noah, and Divergent… and also now Winter’s Tale. That is not where I expected that trailer to go. Might still be fluff, but it’s a little more interesting-seeming now.

9. January 7, 2014 3:39 am

Good list, lots of good films to look forward to 😀