“It’s Time to Vote Tuesday” 168!

March 25, 2014

Today is Tuesday! and it’s been a long time since “Time to Vote Tuesday” was here, so allow me to reintroduce you to this lovely little segment. For most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!!

The last TVT poll was back in December of 2013 and it is high time we had another.

—————–

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ entitled “In YOUR World…” takes the time to ask a different question than usual. A few weeks ago (March 7), Hal Douglas, the star voice narrator of so many movie trailers passed away sadly at the age of 89. This great star of behind the camera actually had a few onscreen roles including this fun bit from Jerry Seinfeld’s 2002 film, Comedian.

I enjoy his sentiment on his work that he shared with The New York Times back in ’09: “I’m not outstanding in any way. “It’s a craft that you learn, like making a good pair of shoes. And I just consider myself a good shoemaker.”

Movie trailers voiced by Douglas and that begin with “In a world…” seem to be a staple in the industry now and the industry is definitely lacking without that familiar narrator! Thank you, Mr. Douglas, for immortalizing and making so many great trailers (a big and exciting part of cinema for fans worldwide) even more fun through your iconic narration.Hal Douglas

With Mr. Douglas’ epic and historic voice in mind, today I ask you to consider that a narration of YOUR life was to be made. Perhaps a documentary or a feature film all about YOU! You are the star subject! (congratulations)…

Who do you pick to narrate your life? Pick two (2) from the following willing vocal contributors! 🙂

Today I ask you:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

A bit of a fun and unique question. I’m curious who you might pick and why. Of course, the options here could be limitless…don’t see your preferred choice? Tell me who you would have included in the comment section below! 🙂

—————–

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. March 25, 2014 1:17 pm

Samuel L. Jackson’s narration would be very bizarre for my life haha 😀

• March 31, 2014 9:34 am

Tim, that would be super fun I think. hahaha

2. March 26, 2014 1:17 am

Awesome question T! Has to be Samuel L. Jackson. Of course he has to put in lot of swearing 😉 Not that that would fit my life but it just would sound cool.

• March 26, 2014 1:22 am

My second choice would be Werner Herzog by the way. I really like his voice. Both Jackson and Herzog have narrated that children’s book “Go to sleep” by the way. Don’t know if you ever heard those, but worth checking out.

• March 31, 2014 9:40 am

Herzog is a cool choice. truly. Nice pick. Thanks for voting, Nostra.

and I have listened to Jackson do “Go to Sleep” but didn’t know Herzog had. I will look it up now! Thanks for that

• March 31, 2014 12:19 pm

Yeah, if he did more audio books I would probably listen to those all the time. Think he has an enchanting voice

• March 31, 2014 9:39 am

He just has that voice. ya know? haha. I would listen to him narrate your life.

3. Jazz Worthing permalink
    March 27, 2014 9:35 am

Ok…Scarlett? I guess after seeing HER I guess I could see her narrating..but I think only for you T…only for You!!! I think Gary Oldman and Lliam Neeson would’ve also been interesting choices. Glad to have you back!!!!

Jazz

• March 31, 2014 9:42 am

Her voice WAS great in HER! 🙂 haha, you know I had to throw her in the mix here.

Ooh, I like Gary Oldman. Nice choice. Thanks for being here.