“It’s Time to Vote Tuesday” 171!

May 13, 2014

Today is Tuesday! And you know what that means! It is time for TIME TO VOTE TUESDAY!

For most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!!

The last TVT poll from April 22nd has now closed (see it HERE). Entitled “It Takes Two to Make a Thing go Right!” it asked which which acting duo do you like most from a list of acting pairs that seem to be in movies a lot together. The votes are in (25 total) and the winner (by two) is:johnny and helena

With a three-way tie for 2nd place with Jennifer Lawrence/Bradley Cooper, Scarlett Johansson/Chris Evans and Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson

Thanks to all who voted in the previous “Time to Vote Tuesday!”

—————–

This week’s edition of ‘TVT’ entitled “Anything you can do, I can do better!” asks you to consider a different type of acting pair. With X-Men: Days of Future Past just a couple of weeks away, it is exciting to realize that we will get a blending of two different X-Men films that are both enjoyable to watch onscreen: The originals (Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry, etc) mixed with the “new ‘old’ class” (James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, etc).xmen

With this fun phenomenon of two people playing the same character in the same film occurring, I began thinking about other times in which this has happened. Narrowing my options down to pairs in which each member played the same character but at a different age (in other words, no Travolta/Cage’s Castor Troy), I came up with the list in this TVT’s fun poll.faceoff

Today I ask you:

(Note: Recent issues have arisen with polls. If poll does not appear for you here, please let me know in the comment section and please visit again later to see if the problem has been resolved. I apologize for this inconvenience. I’m working on it.)

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Do you have another “character-sharer” duo you like to see together? Share in the comments section!

—————–

***Don’t forget: For regular updates on movie news, rumors, pictures, posters, and more, FOLLOW ME on Twitter and Facebook.

———-

1. May 13, 2014 11:13 am

Not sure how anyone could vote for anything other that Brando/De Niro…but to see that Brolin/Jones is getting votes makes me happy, since they were pretty awesome together (Brolin especially). Great pairing.

• May 18, 2014 2:29 pm

Thanks for voting and adding your thoughts. Brolin/Jones is one of my more recent faves in this category

2. jackdeth72 permalink
    May 13, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi, Terrence:

Brando and De Niro, of course.

Though I opted for Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levvit in ‘Looper’. Still like the gripe session, manhood measuring “discussion” at the diner before things get fun and serious.

Great choices for Mirren and Chastain in ‘The Debt’. And Brolin and Tommy Lee Jones. Brolin had Jones’ pacing and deadpan delivery down pat.

• May 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Thank you, Kevin. I made this poll after your comments on the one prior to and thought it was great. I had fun looking up different pairs. Appreciate your inspiration

3. May 14, 2014 9:33 am

DeNiro/Brando and Levitt/Willis – I just liked Looper so much.

• May 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Looper was great. I enjoyed it myself. As a matter of fact, I think I will watch it this week…after Game of Thrones, of course! 🙂

4. May 15, 2014 11:39 am

Had to go with Brando/De Niro and Levitt/Willis. Couple of great pairings right there.

• May 18, 2014 2:31 pm

Eric. Thanks for voting. Glad to see so many votes for Levitt/Willis too.