Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”
Here is your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”)!!
In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:
Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!
Check them out and ENJOY!!!
Trailers of the Week: (all synopses are directly from IMDB.com)
- Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Michael Caine, Casey Affleck and more.
- Releasing: November 7, 2014.
- Director: Christopher Nolan
- Synopsis: “A group of explorers make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage.”
- Thoughts: I am so glad we get this latest trailer as opposed to the teaser that first launched (pun intended). I love Christopher Nolan’s work and was hoping for a return to something original again now that the Dark Knight trilogy is through. Films like The Prestige and Inception are just a couple of examples of Nolan showcasing what he truly is capable of. And this one looks to follow in the same pattern…and has several favorite actors, including Matthew McConaughey. I can’t wait. -T
- Starring: Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson, Mark Strong, Michael Caine and more.
- Releasing: October 24, 2014
- Director: Matthew Vaughn
- Synopsis: “A veteran secret agent takes a young upstart under his wing.”
- Thoughts: Ooh, look at that cast! And Michael Caine again today. Directed by X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn, this one looks like a James Bond origins type film and it’s right up my alley. It has my interest. -T
- Starring: Anna Kendrick, Lena Dunham, Mark Webber and more.
- Releasing: June 26, 2014
- Director: Joe Swanberg
- Synopsis: “Irresponsible 20-something Jenny arrives in Chicago to live with her older brother Jeff, a young film-maker living a happy existence with his novelist wife Kelly and their two-year-old son. Jenny’s arrival shakes up their quiet domesticity as she and her friend Carson instigate an evolution in Kelly’s life and career. Meanwhile, Jenny strikes up a rocky relationship with the family’s baby sitter-cum-pot dealer.”
- Thoughts: Anna Kendrick is so cute in her roles but nothing about this film really strikes me as interesting except for Lena Dunham. But then I see she isn’t credited for any writing of this story (she is an accomplished award-winning writer) so I don’t know what to think of this! And why does it come out in the summer with a title like “Happy Christmas”??? -T
- Starring: The vocal talents of Maya Rudolph, T.J. Miller, Jamie Chung and more.
- Releasing: November 7, 2014
- Director: Don Hall, Chris Williams
- Synopsis: “A group of six superheroes are recruited by the government to protect the nation.”
- Thoughts: FYI, waiting for this full trailer to release was the cause for the delay of today’s posting. I didn’t want to publish Triple-T without this full trailer after yesterday’s teaser. Oh man! A lot of people don’t know what the actually story of Big Hero 6 is so if you want a crash course click HERE. I’m even more curious now what they are going to do with this but I’m glad it’s animated. What do you think? -T
- Starring: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Benicio del Toro, Glenn Close and more. (see poster)
- Releasing: August 1, 2014
- Director: James Gunn
- Synopsis: “In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan.”
- Thoughts: Another fun trailer from Marvel. They really are marketing these unknown heroes quite well. I’m started to get more and more excited for this one…and now not just so that I can follow the continuity of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I’m still not all “Team Rocket Raccoon” like so many others, but I think I will like him too. Glad to see Glenn Close in this trailer and Lee Pace as Ronan! -T
6. Magic in the Moonlight.
- Starring: Emma Stone, Colin Firth, Marcia Gay Harden, Jacki Weaver and more.
- Releasing: July 25, 2014
- Director: Woody Allen
- Synopsis: “A romantic comedy about an Englishman brought in to help unmask a possible swindle. Personal and professional complications ensue.”
- Thoughts: Sometimes Woody Allen puts out a film that grabs my attention. I loved Midnight in Paris and this one has me too. Colin Firth and Emma Stone look to be the best acting pair in this Allen film and I want to see it. I just hope it doesn’t disappoint me like From Rome With Love did. Allen always chooses such romantic-era locations, doesn’t he? -T
- Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Tim Robbins, Isla Fisher, Will Forte, Mos Def and more.
- Releasing: August 29, 2014
- Director: Daniel Schechter
- Synopsis: “The wealthy husband of a kidnapped wife doesn’t want to pay her ransom.”
- Thoughts: This one came from left field all of a sudden. What was the last thing Tim Robbins was in since Green Lantern? Anyone? Well, this heist-type movie trailer made me laugh and I was glad to see Mos Def in something again along with Jennifer Aniston not in a rom-com. No verdict on this one but it could be a fun sick-day rental. -T
- Starring: Chadwick Boseman, David Andrew Nash, Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer, Dan Akyroyd, Craig Robinson and more.
- Releasing: August 1, 2014.
- Director: Tate Taylor
- Synopsis: “A chronicle of James Brown’s rise from extreme poverty to become one of the most influential musicians in history.”
- Thoughts: Out of all the people that still deserve a biopic I’m not certain why we’re getting a James Brown movie, but here it comes with Chadwick Boseman who was already Jackie Robinson in 42. This will not be this year’s Ray, but I have a feeling most people who go will go for the music and not for the story. I’m just not interested. Sorry. Are you? -T
Spotlight Video of the Week:
I’ve already raved about wanting to see this movie once before, but man, if this new trailer doesn’t make you want to see it too then…well, perhaps you should check for a pulse! 🙂 I’m glad that Braff’s kickstarter campaign successfully resulted in this film being made and that it has already seen great reception at film festivals. Check out the latest trailer:
Wish I Was Here releases on July 25th.
Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!
My favorite trailers from today:
- Wish I Was Here
- Kingsman: The Secret Service
Which ones are your favorites??…Oh, and I also like Big Hero 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy and…can I just say almost ALL of them were my faves this week?
This Weekend’s Theatrical Releases:
Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, May 23, 2013:
- Wide Release: Blended (my review) and X-Men: Days of Future Past (review coming soon).
- Limited Release: Cold in July, The Angriest Man in Brooklyn, Words and Pictures and more.
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
–T, The Focused Filmographer