Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!!
What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:
“Time to Vote Tuesday” is the session of fun weekly polls which spark thought, debate, and intrigue! Each poll closes in a week with results posted on the following ‘TVT’!
It’s been a while since TVT appeared here on the site and we kick off its resurgence with the most popular poll of each year: The Powerful Presidential Poll.
Back in 2010 I decided that since politics offer little in terms of choice nowadays that I’d switch it up a little bit. What if our choice for President (and the additional offices of political position) was between two more interesting political parties? Namely, Marvel and DC?
Every year, the poll creates unity and division, propaganda and promises, excitement and exaggeration. The offices have been won mainly by Marvel candidates some years and by DC candidates in others. The terms of the previous winners has now ended and the slate is clean. Some of the previous candidates have opted to seek re-election, while some bowed out of politics altogether. Some new ones have also arisen to contend for your votes. Choose wisely.
While the selection may have changed this year, the rules remain the same.
- There are 10 nominees below for you to vote for.
- The political parties are Marvel and D.C. (you don’t have to vote for two in the same party).
- You must vote for 2 (TWO)!
- Leave a comment about who you prefer to be President and WHY!
- Poll closes next Tuesday morning. -Most votes wins Prez, 2nd most votes wins Vice-Prez, 3rd wins Speaker of the House…and so on and so forth.
- You are permitted to leave Superhero Political Propaganda in the comments section! —highly encouraged!
- Share this poll with your friends, Like to get as many votes as we can for this one! Thanks!
EVERY VOTE COUNTS! Hit the vote button! Even if you live outside of the U.S., you can place a vote for The President! 😉
Below you will find all ten candidates and a very brief bio/description of each. The unbiased info is there to help make an informed decision when you cast your ballot. I encourage you to read first and then vote wisely. This poll only comes once a year! Be sure to vote!!!
- The Good: Great team player and knows the minds of the people.
- The Bad: Dual personality and, at times, torn between two.
- Slogan: “Phoenix may be hot, but Jean is hotter!”
- Synopsis: A part of the X-Men team, she can bend the will of the nations to her own.
- The Good: Understands politicians and can keep them honest.
- The Bad: Not very diplomatic. Unsettling connection to Zeus. Knows Hades.
- Slogan: “The best vote in the booth is a vote for the stars, stripes, and the truth!”
- Synopsis: With close ties to Superman, her election may seem to some as nothing less than round 2 of Superman’s highly polarizing term in office. But, she usually accomplishes what she sets out to do.
- The Good: A ruler of many realms. Harnesses great power.
- The Bad: Unable to protect his own at times. Takes long naps.
- Slogan: “The Eyes of the Raven are upon you.”
- Synopsis: One eye to rule causes him to oftentimes be blind to dangers close by. But when he does see he has power!
- The Good: Great influence “over seas” (foreign policy). Believes in funding water-powered energy plants to help economy.
- The Bad: Slippery in terms of committing to any other projects not involving aquatics.
- Slogan: “Hey, Water’s Cool!”
- Synopsis: May cause division in the country but can unite country with those across the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. Look for more of his influence to spread in 2016.
- The Good: Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist.
- The Bad: Volatile, Self-obsessed, and Doesn’t play well with others. Basically just a big man in a suit of armor.
- Slogan: The “I” in “Team”
- Synopsis: A level of confidence that sees more accomplishments than failures. Perhaps a bit overambitious, but perhaps exactly what may be necessary. Believes in full disclosure but may be all too eager to retire when things get tough.
- The Good: Near impenetrable. Able to enforce policy. Served the people as President once already. His cape flows like the American flag in the wind.
- The Bad: An illegal alien. Can be arrogant to a fault. Weakened by kryptonite. More brawn than brain at times. Known to fly off the handle.
- Slogan: “For a Super Tomorrow, Choose Today!”
- Synopsis: Preaches peace and justice but seems buried in newspaper and rubble instead of creating peace and rebuilding cities after destruction. Unable to keep peace within his own party (see the upcoming documentary Batman vs. Superman).
- The Good: Highly influential in local, national, and foreign politics. Supports diversity, tolerance and funded an anti-bullying afterschool program in numerous states.
- The Bad: Rumored to have psychic abilities. Has been heard saying that the X-Men movies are better than Star Wars movies.
- Slogan: “The President you didn’t know you wanted.”
- Synopsis: Powerful, yet still unable to accomplish peace between warring factions. Perhaps his vision for a unified world is a bit premature.
- The Good: Aggressive negotiator and powerfully persuasive.
- The Bad: Tends to have a web of secrets and unknown past.
- Slogan: “Remember what happened in Budapest.”
- Synopsis: Silent, Stylish, Suspicious, Superb.
9. Captain America (M)
- The Good: A born leader and supports the stars and stripes!
- The Bad: May be better in Secret Service as he is quick to fall on the grenade for his fellow man.
- Slogan: “There can only be one President, and I’m pretty sure he dresses like Cap!”
- Synopsis: Seeks for truth and justice. Against weapons of mass destruction and wants peace.
- The Good: Resourceful. Great tactician. Can growl. May be sponsored by Aflac, or Ben Affleck, one of the two! Finds ways around extradition laws in foreign lands.
- The Bad: Often found at local asylum. Never smiles. Questionable affiliation with a certain Selina Kyle.
- Slogan: “Because I’m Batman!”
- Synopsis: A psychological loose cannon. Publicly denounced producing weapons of mass destruction but secretly produced and hid a nuclear bomb in his very own city. Can he be trusted? But then again, a man in the office of the Presidency must be able to keep secrets.
Let the debates and propaganda begin! 😀 Will Superman become President once again? Will Black Widow take down the opposition? Will Aquaman rule from sea to shining sea? Will Odin extend his rule to Midgard? The political rallies have started.
This year, in addition to the political poll above, I bring one additional poll for…shall we say…an ALTERNATE universe! Let us say that only evil options were given to vote for (as some may say is usually the case in politics!). Choose the lesser (or greater) of the evils in this alternate presidential poll and pursuit of power below:
LEAVE A COMMENT supporting your favorite candidates! And be sure to press the “Like” button and the press the “Share” buttons below to share this poll via your Facebook, Twitter, Website, text msgs, etc! We need as many votes as possible here, the country’s future depends on it.
The poll will remain open until it closes on 11-11-14. The exciting results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching! Now HIT THOSE POLLS!!!
–T, The Focused Filmographer
For fun, seeing that today’s post is superhero-themed and all, enjoy HISHE’s take on The Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer: