Today is Tuesday! and if you’ve been coming here for any length of time, you know that, for most people Tuesday is just the day after Monday, but for you it means that “Time to Vote Tuesday” is here!! YES!!!
What is “Time to Vote Tuesday”?:
“Time to Vote Tuesday” is the session of fun weekly polls which spark thought, debate, and intrigue! Each poll closes in a week with results posted on the following ‘TVT’!
Last week’s poll, “Powerful Presidential Politics #4” has now closed and there is a President has been elected by and for the people. Read on for further details on the anticipated results AND for this week’s new poll. Thank you to everyone who voted and made last week’s poll fun as always!
Well, first off, allow me to thank all of you for making last week’s poll….the “Powerful Presidential Poll#4”…such an even GREAT success. Ending with a total of 85 votes the Presidential race has been run and an inauguration ceremony is underway. Let’s join in, shall we?
The race for the White House was an interesting one to say the least. Here are some of the events that transpired.
- At one point in time Professor X led the charge and remained hopeful in securing the Presidency in his 4th run.
- At one point in time there was a three-way tie between Wonder Woman, Iron Man and Superman!
- At one point in time Batman and Captain America were tied for the Presidency!
- At one point in time Odin was in 3rd place!
- At one point in time Jean Grey was beating Wonder Woman.
- Marvel received 50 votes and DC received 35 votes!
So here are the results:
All Hail To The Chief! In a government of the people, for the people, and by the people….the people have spoken! The President and Vice-President of the United States of America are……………President: Batman
Vice-President: Captain America
The polls closed with these overall results:
- Batman–17 President
- Captain America–16 Vice-President
- Iron Man–14 Speaker of the House
- Superman–10 President pro tempore of the Senate
- Professor X–10 Secretary of State
- Wonder Woman–7 Secretary of the Treasury
- Odin–4 Secretary of Defense
- Jean Grey–3 Attorney General
- Black Widow–3 Secretary of the Interior
- Aquaman– 1 Secretary of Agriculture
Repeat Offenders: Both Iron Man and Wonder Woman retain their spots from the previous election! Professor X retains his spot for the THIRD time in a row!
Congratulations to the winning ticket!:
“Extra! Extra! Read all about it! A split partisan ticket to unite the people!!”
- The era of bipartisanship comes again to Washington, DC with Marvel and DC!
- Captain America almost won the presidency and was in the lead for the majority of the race, but Batman —once again— won it in a last minute!
- Aquaman was interviewed at the end of the poll and expressed gratitude to the one person that counted him worthy of a vote.
- Black Widow‘s first run at office gave Jean Grey some competition. When asked her thoughts, Widow said “At least I’m not Aquaman…nobody likes him. There’s something fishy about him.”
- Odin promised to defend Midgard and keep “an eye” on it (see what I did there?) much better than he did Asgard in Thor: The Dark World.
- Iron Man loves the spotlight and gladly accepted the opportunity to speak for the House…and by that, he meant speak all about himself!
- Princess Diana dutifully accepted the role of Secretary of the Treasury once again. As daughter of Zeus, she knows how to work around a lot of gold.
A special “Thank You” once again to all of you who participated, added propaganda, shared the poll, commented, talked to me about the poll, everything! It truly was a lot of fun!
OH! and in addition to the Presidential poll, we had an alternate poll, as you may recall: “This year, in addition to the political poll above, I bring one additional poll for…shall we say…an ALTERNATE universe! Let us say that only evil options were given to vote for (as some may say is usually the case in politics!). Choose the lesser (or greater) of the evils in this alternate presidential poll and pursuit of power below:”
Well, the votes are in. And, your evil ruler as chosen by you is:
Whew!! Tough choices last week! This week’s poll entitled “Veteran Viewing” is easier, I assure you!
Today’s poll follows along that same line and asks you about your favorite war-time films that pay homage to those who have sacrificed in the name of freedom. I realize that war films may not be for everyone so today’s poll looks at war films that spend less time on the battlefield and more time in homes, bunkers, camps, prisons and hideaways. These “minimum-battlefield” war films may often times be just as -if not more so- memorable as those whose primary focus is on the battlefront (such as Saving Private Ryan).
The poll closes on 11-18-14 and the results will post on next week’s “Time to Vote Tuesday!”
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
**Keep missing articles when they post here? Keep missing movie news, trailers and posters?**
–T, The Focused Filmographer