Today is THURSDAY!!! And you know what that means!! 🙂 It is officially time for another fun-filled edition of “Trailer Time Thursday!”
Here is your weekly fix of “Triple-T” (aka: “Trailer Time Thursday!”)!!
In case this is your first visit to “Triple-T,” here’s what it’s all about:
Seeing as how everyone loves movie previews, “Trailer Time Thursday!” was created to bring all of the trending trailers that you may have missed in theaters, or just need to see, all in one convenient place! It makes Thursdays so great! Get ready! Your Preview Pandemonium awaits!
Check them out and ENJOY!!!
Trailers of the Week: (all synopses are directly from IMDB.com)
- Starring: Adam Sandler, Steve Buscemi, Dan Stevens and more.
- Releasing: 2014.
- Director: Thomas McCarthy
- Synopsis: “Max Simkin repairs shoes in the same New York shop that has been in his family for generations. Disenchanted with the grind of daily life, Max stumbles upon a magical heirloom that allows him to step into the lives of his customers and see the world in a new way. Sometimes walking in another man’s shoes is the only way one can discover who they really are.”
Thoughts: Sandler and a few familiar faces in a dramedy that looks to try to bring some of the feel of Click but won’t reach the same level. Perhaps…it just won’t have enough SOLE.
- Starring: Johnny Depp, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ewan McGregor, Olivia Munn, Aubrey Plaza and more.
- Releasing: January 23, 2015
- Director: David Koepp
- Synopsis: “Art dealer Charles Mortdecai searches for a stolen painting that’s reportedly linked to a lost bank account filled with Nazi gold.”
Thoughts: A “Pink Panther” feel to it for me, I actually like Depp in this role while I don’t have a big affinity towards him as of late, this one looks like a good fit. It looks silly, fun and full of plenty of shenanigans. Plus, Depp’s mustache alone may be the most impressive thing of the film!
- Starring: Christian Bale, Joel Edgerton, Susan Sarandon Ben Kingsley and more.
- Releasing: December 12, 2014
- Director: Ridley Scott
- Synopsis: “The defiant leader Moses rises up against the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses, setting 600,000 slaves on a monumental journey of escape from Egypt and its terrifying cycle of deadly plagues.”
Thoughts: I’m actually more intrigued by this and only hope that my intrigue will be met with equal amount of being impressed. Often, Hollywood tends to disappoint with Biblical accounts. We’ll see how this one fares. I’m sure that audiences will be split…much like the Red Sea.
- Starring: Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Ansel Elgort and more.
- Releasing: March 20, 2015
- Director: Robert Schwentke
- Synopsis: “Beatrice Prior must confront her inner demons and continue her fight against a powerful alliance which threatens to tear her society apart.”
Thoughts: That trailer was terrible. Terrible cgi, terrible music, terrible attempt at making me want to be the slightest bit interested in the sequel to an already slow and unimpressive young adult novel movie. Is it just me? Come on. That has got to be one of the worst trailers you’ve seen too. We should start an…insurgency!
- Starring: Anne Hathaway, Mary Steenburgen, Ben Rosenfield and more.
- Releasing: 2014
- Director: Kate Barker-Froyland
- Synopsis: “A young archaeologist returns home from a dig in order to see her injured brother, and soon she strikes up a relationship with his favorite musician.”
Thoughts: Another indie romance drama that starts its focus on a tragedy and seemingly veers away from that and focuses on the conveniently connected lovers who turn their attention to each other instead of the one suffering most. Maybe? I dunno. This one does nothing for me, but I might be…singing a different tune later. 😀
- Starring: Robin Williams, Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson Dan Stevens and more.
- Releasing: December 19, 2014
- Director: Shawn Levy
- Synopsis: “Larry spans the globe, uniting favorite and new characters while embarking on an epic quest to save the magic before it is gone forever.”
Thoughts: Ben Stiller hoping to have a better Christmas time release success in theaters than in years past (i.e. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Little Fockers, etc). Families will undoubtedly have something to enjoy together with this one. It’s one way to make history come alive, I guess.
- Starring: David Oyelowo, Carmen Ejogo, Tom Wilkinson, Cuba Gooding Jr, Tim Roth Oprah Winfrey and more.
- Releasing: January 9, 2015
- Director: Ana DuVernay
- Synopsis: “Martin Luther King, Lyndon Baines Johnson and the civil rights marches that changed America.”
Thoughts: Directed by filmmaker Ana DuVernay, this Martin Luther King, Jr film has been referred to as being long overdue. David Oyelowo (The Butler, Red Tails) fills the reverend’s shoes quite well in the role. I’m curious as to its release date in January. The first 3-6 months of the year traditionally get forgotten and overlooked come Award season.
- Starring: Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and more.
- Releasing: February 13, 2015.
- Director: Sam Taylor-Johnson
- Synopsis: “Literature student Anastasia Steele’s life changes forever when she meets handsome, yet tormented, billionaire Christian Grey.”
Thoughts: The new trailer is set to air tonight on ABC during Scandal which means it will also probably be online later today as well. So, in the meantime, enjoy the tease for those interested and some extra tidbits of trivia courtesy ClevverMovies. While this isn’t a movie I’ll be rushing to see, I’m sure some of you are just dying for February to already be here. meh.
Spotlight Video of the Week:
Starring: Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Orlando Bloom and more.
Synopsis: “Bilbo and Company are forced to be embraced in a war against an armed flock of combatants and the terrifying Smaug from acquiring a kingdom of treasure and obliterating all of Middle-Earth.”
While perhaps unnecessary (my opinion), this trailer attempts to draw more would-be viewers to be excited for the action and adventure that is to come. Fans are hoping that this final installment of the series will be the best of the three. Will you join the journey?
Well, that’s it for this round of ‘Triple-T’!
My favorite trailers from today:
- Exodus: Gods and Kings
Which ones are your favorites??
This Weekend’s Theatrical Releases:
Are you ready for the weekend in theaters? Here’s what releases this weekend, November 14, 2014:
- Wide Release: Dumb and Dumber To, Beyond the Lights and more.
- Limited Release: Foxcatcher, The Homesman, Rosewater and more.
Thanks for reading! Happy Watching!
**Keep missing articles when they post here? Keep missing movie news, trailers and posters?**
–T, The Focused Filmographer
ATTN: I’ve been behind on my reviews. But, stay tuned, they are coming. Interstellar, Big Hero 6 and Dumb and Dumber To reviews are almost complete.