Best Posters of the Year (2014 edition)

December 3, 2014

It is time, once again, to check out all of the…Best of 2014

As you may know I love checking out and collecting movie posters! With teases of what to expect from the featured film, posters are one of my favorite parts of the whole cinematic experience. If you love movie posters like I do, then you are likely to enjoy the latest ones of the week!

I love movie posters. Last year there were so many that came out and I was able to have a favorite weekly segment featuring the newest posters of the week. This year, there were weeks that went by without new posters, so the segment wasn’t as frequent, BUT, with the year coming to a close, it is time to feature my Top 50 favorite posters of 2014. Several months back, my friend Paula from Paula’s Cinema Club, sent me a link featuring some posters and we both agreed that the choices on that link were…less than stellar. Hoping not to disappoint, here are my choices for 2014 (in no particular order)!

Enjoy these silent movie promoters that are my picks of the litter from 2014!

(To view the fullscreen slideshow, click on any one of the posters below and scroll through with the arrow keys.)

ThoughtsOftentimes, good posters do not necessarily indicate a movie will be good. It’s interesting to look at these posters now and realize how often that once again turned out to be true. But there are times when the poster and the movie are both amazing and that’s a plus!

In the end there were some great posters this year and I have a hard time picking out the few that would be my favorites of the year, but I have to. So…

My faves of the year: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, The Hateful Eight and The Retrieval.

Well, what do YOU think? Which ones are your favorites from 2014? Which ones do you like/hate and why? Leave a comment! 🙂

On to 2015

1. December 3, 2014 10:12 am

I’m with you on so many of these. UGH, that Heart of the Sea poster is gorgeous! Tusk and Under the Skin are probably my two favorites from films out this year, and while many disliked it, I loved the Gone Girl posters…especially the boat one.

• December 3, 2014 11:23 am

Thanks for stopping by. I loved a lot of these and the Heart of the Sea poster was in my top4.

2. December 3, 2014 11:33 am

Really cool stuff, the poster of Fury is the most sensitive.

• December 12, 2014 3:35 am

Thanks for chiming in. I love posters. Fury’s matches the movie so well, doesnt it?

3. December 5, 2014 7:57 am

Inherent Vice is such an awesome poster – great pick here. It just pops. You get a real feel of the film just from the poster – so few posters can capture that.

And A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night – it just stands out against the crowd. What you need your film poster to do. Especially if you’re an Iranian Western Vampire film!

• December 12, 2014 3:34 am

Hey Jaina! Nice to see ya. 🙂 I like the poster for Inherent Vice too, obviously, but you are right on how it pops. the colors make it stand out quite a bit in a unique fashion.

So much buzz about A Girl Walks Home Alone. It’s got my attention.

4. December 5, 2014 1:32 pm

I love movie posters as well; I don’t think either one of us are in the minority on that one.

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing.

• December 12, 2014 3:33 am

Thanks for stopping in and checking them out. I very much love to feature posters. Big collector

Liked by 1 person